Simple solution for charging two battery banks from one alternator and other charging sources such wind generators, solar panels and battery chargers without the voltage drop typical with blocking diodes.
The SI-Series Automatic charge relay senses battery voltage and connects two battery banks when a charging source is detected allowing both battery banks to be charged in parallel. When the charging source stops the battery banks are isolated again avoiding discharging the second battery bank or engine start battery. A separate engine start sensor also isolates the battery banks during engine start avoiding damage to sensitive systems by voltage peaks. Suitable for continuous charging rates of up to 120 Amps for use with high powered alternators. Senses charging on either battery bank and is suitable for both 12v and 24v systems. Remote 4 Mode LED connection gives status information anywhere on board.
- Designed for 12 or 24 volt systems
- Protects sensitive electronics engine cranking
- Hermetically sealed contacts/vaporproof
- Waterproof rated IP67—temporary immersion for 30 minutes
- Ignition protected—safe for installation aboard gasoline powered boats
- Remote LED output indicates relay state anywhere on board
- Supports high-output alternators up to 120 Amperes
- Dual sensing - detects charging on either battery bank
- Continuous Rating 120A
- Intermittent Rating (5 min.) 210A
- Maximum Cable Size 1/0 AWG (50mm2 )
- Terminal Stud Size 3/8"-16 (M10)
- Maximum Torque 140 in-lbs 140 in-lbs