MPPT solar controller with TrakStar Technology™. The Sunsaver MPPT is an advanced maximum power point tracking (MPPT) battery charger/regulator. The controller features a smart tracking algorithm that maximizes the energy captured from the solar cells, a 4-stage charging sequence increases battery life and a programmable automatic load control for loads up to 15 amps. Epoxy encapsulated for marine use and suitable for all battery types.
Optional remote control and battery temperature sensor.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Maximizes Energy with TrakStar MPPT technology
- Peak efficiency of over 97% with almost no power losses
- Recognition of multiple power peaks during shading or mixed PV arrays
- Excellent performance at low solar insolation levels such as dusk and dawn
- Suitable for 12 volts and 24 volts installations
- Rated Battery Current 15 Amps
- Rated Load Current 15 Amps
- Max. Input Voltage** 75 Volts
- Nominal Input Power 12 Volt System 200 Watts, 24 Volt System 400 Watts
See the Owner’s manual for full details
Conventional solar regulators reduce the higher voltage output of the solar panels to the required voltage for battery charging by reducing the voltage and therefore the power output of the panels and in doing so discard available energy. An MPPT controller maintains the power output by increasing the current while reducing the voltage and therefore maintains the full output of the solar panels. An increase of up to 30% compared to conventional regulators.