Please sign in so that we can notify you about a reply
Easily add a Wi-Fi Hotspot on-board to share NMEA data wirelessly with mobile devices.
The new WLN30 Smart NMEA 0183 to WiFi gateway from Digital Yacht. Integrate your boats GPS, AIS and instrument data with your smartphone or tablet, allowing the latest apps to use real time information for maximum functionality.
Built-in Multiplexor - 3 Inputs + 1 Output + WiFi
The new WLN30 has three NMEA 0183 Inputs and one NMEA 0183 output, which can be programmed through its simple browser interface to operate at 4800 or 38400 baud rates. Data received on the three inputs is multiplexed together and transmitted to any wireless devices connected to the WLN30’s wireless network.
The NMEA 0183 output can be configured in one of two modes:
- Multiplexed data is output via the NMEA 0183 output
- Data form Apps connected wirelessly is forwarded via the NMEA 0183 output - such as next waypoint or autopilot data.
Compatible with most modern navigation apps and software
The Digital Yacht WLN30 Smart creates a secure, password protected, local Wi-Fi network which allows AIS and GPS data to be sent to both iOS and Android apps wirelessly. If you already have a WiFi network onboard, the WLN30 Smart can connect to that network. Compatible with many apps such as:
Easy Setup with a Web Browser
This new version of the WLN30 can now be programmed through its simple browser interface for NMEA 0183 data at 4800 or 38400 baud rate. Use the browser on any device to logon to the IP address and you can set baud rate, SSID and password. No complicated programming or special apps or software. Through the web interface, you can also view NMEA data received for easy fault finding of connected equipment.
TCP and UDP for Multiple Connections
The WLN30 Smart supports both TCP/IP for maximum compatibility and UDP for multiple connections. You can use a PC at the chart table and an iPad on deck. It’s also bidirectional so apps can control an autopilot if this function is available.
- NMEA 0183 to WiFi server (4800 baud or 38400 baud)
- Web interface for setup and initial programming
- Set baud rate, SSID and password through web interface
- Supports both UDP (for multiple connections) and TCP/IP interfaces
- View NMEA data received for easy fault finding of issues
- Supports a bi directional Wifi interface
- Fully compatible with popular navigation apps and software
- Easy to install IPX4 black box solution