The AIS Life Guard is designed to work with the new generation of AIS SARTs (now approved by the IMO) and AIS personal beacons which are now widely available and more and more popular. Many existing AIS compatible chart plotters and PC software do not fully support AIS SARTs and therefore do not offer this important safety feature. The AIS lifeguard simply connects to your AIS receiver or transponder and istens to all AIS traffic. When a AIS SART transmission is detected the AIS Life Guard will sound its internal 95dB alarm and display a red warning light. For larger boats it can also be connected to an external alarm (not supplied) so that the whole boat is immediately alerted.
The AIS Life Guard detects both message 1 and message 14, the two AIS messages reserved for AIS SARTs and will also give a short three beep alarm if it detects an AIS SART test message, great for checking correct operation of your AIS SARTs prior to a voyage.
When used with personal AIS MOB beacons and an AIS receiver or transponder, the Digital Yacht AIS Life Guard provides and integral MOB alerting system.
- Dedicated AIS Man Overboard Alarm system
- Listens to AIS data on NMEA0183 Input from AIS receiver or transponder
- Alarms when AIS SART message 1 and 14 are detected
- Internal 95dB buzzer with option to drive external alarm (not supplied)
- Audible and Visual Alarms
- Push button to silence alarm (short press) and reset alarm (long press)
- Easy to install IP54 black box solution
No posts found