Building on the success of the extremely popular Silent Power Blades and the original Silentwind, the SilentWind 400+ marine wind generator features the new hybrid 1000 regulator, a larger deflector and an additional body bearing providing improved efficiency, earlier start-up and better wind tracking as well as up to 550 watts of solar power capacity. Maximum efficiency at all wind speeds, safe, and very low noise, the Silentwind 400+ will be fitted to all 7 Boats in the 2014 Volvo Ocean Race.
See the Volvo Ocean Race Video for more information.
Aerodynamics from the aviation industry
- By using wind tunnel testing and advanced aerodynamics combined with a three phase permanent magnet generator, with Neodymium-Iron–Boron-(NDFeB) magnets, the Silentwind 400+ and Hybrid 1000 achieve an incredibly low start up speed of only 2.2m/s ( less than 4.3 knots) as well as a top output of 420w at only 1350 RPM, 30% less rotation speed than other 400w generators.
- Includes the incredibly quiet Silent Power Blades. Hand laminated, UV-resistant carbon blades, successfully tested according to DIN EN 61400-2 at hurricane speed 122 km/h (5480 rpm, with close to speed of sound at the blade tips). Almost silent with 70% less noise compared to other generators. This specially shows up in the frequency range between 1 and 12.5 kHz, that is most disturbing to human ears.
Silent Power Blades included as standard
See Our Comparison video.
External Hybrid 1000 regulator, up to 550W of solar panels
- Silentwind features an external hybrid regulator with built in start/stop switch and multifunction LCD display for simultaneous use with both the Silentwind generator and up to 550 watts of solar panels, simplifying installation and cost on boats with both wind and solar power. The LCD display shows all relevant charging information and is adjustable for lead-acid, gel and AGM batteries.
Marine aluminium powder coated body
- The compact aluminium body of the Silentwind is both lightweight and wind tunnel optimized for minimum noise. The elegant design will not look out of place even on the most stylish yachts.
Voted Best Choice by Skipper
- Voted as the best choice for all wind conditions.
Real world testing in the Caribbean
Compare these figures to other units:
Air-X Marine 400w
Air Breeze 200W
Silentwind 400+ technical details:
- Generator type: Permanent magnet generator, 3 phase, Neodymium-magnets
- System voltage 12, 24 and 48 VDC models
- Rated Power Output: 420 watts
- Start up Wind Speed: 4.27 Knots (2.2 m/s)
- Start up Charging: 4.9 Knots (2.5 m/s)
- Charging Indicator: LED-blue, on the underside of generator body
- High Wind Speed Test: 65 knots with no problems
- Rotor Diameter: 1.15m
- Blade weight: 150g per blades (low centrifugal force)
- Blade Material: Carbon Fibre CFK, Hand laminated
- Rotation Speed: 480 - 1420 rpm
- Color: White RAL 9010, powder coated
- Warranty: 3 years
- Packaging: 780mm x 400mm x 210mm 10 Kg
Hybrid 1000 Controller technical details:
- Built in Stop Switch
- System voltage 12 or 24 VDC
- Max. power input wind generator 600 watts
- Max current input wind generator 40 A
- Max power input solar 550 Wp
- Max current input solar 40 A
- Max . open circuit voltage input solar 50 VDC
- Suitable for Lead-acid, Gel & AGM batteries
- Multi-function display & LED indindication A, P, kWh, AH, consumer load info
- Warranty: 2 years
- Dimensions: 270 x 130 x 80 mm 1.5 Kg